Terms and Conditions
Ugh. We hate that we have to put these out here…but, well, we have to put these out here.
So read, and understand that these are out here to be helpful and instructional…but also to cover us from anyone’s actions. Including our own.
With that in mind, we give you The 10 Commandments of ITintheD.com:
- Thou shall acknowledge that these are all-encompassing of our world. These terms and conditions govern attendance and participation in any or all events that fall under the umbrella of ITintheD.com, IT in the D, Networking Michigan or Simple Networking. Unless specifically otherwise noted in writing, all copy on this and all or our sites, Facebook pages, Twitter accounts, Meetup groups, or any other place where our content is placed at our consent or direction action is ours, and ours alone, and you may not reproduce it without our expressed written consent.
- Thou shall acknowledge that these are binding. In order to come to any of our events, you must agree to these terms. If you do not or cannot agree to these terms, then you cannot come to our events or participate in any such event in any capacity. Attendance at an event constitutes your acknowledgement and understanding of these terms.
- Thou shall be of age. Most, but not all, of our events take place in bars. It is not our responsibility to police your eligibility to walk into an establishment beforehand. You should always have proper identification on you and readily available.
- Thou may get thy image taken. We, or a sponsoring organization or news agency, may from time to time take photos or video at our events, and later use them for informational or promotional purposes. By participating in or attending an event, you agree that you may appear in some of those photos or videos, and you authorize their use in this capacity. For any photos or videos that you take at one of our events and provide to us, you authorize us to use them in the same capacities, and represent that anyone appearing in your photos has consented to their dissemination and use.
- Thou art not our child.
(a) Assumption of Risk. Although we try to create a safe environment at events, accidents or other bad things happen, even to good people. We ask that you do your part to help limit the possibility that you might get injured at an event.You agree to carefully consider the inherent risks in any activities that you choose to take part in and to take reasonable precautions before you choose to attend or participate at an event. For example, you should ensure that you are in good physical health before engaging in any physical activity at an event, and you should always drink responsibly given the risks associated with drunk driving and participating in activities while your judgment is impaired. Second, please note that some of the other event guests may be less responsible than you, and may themselves create additional risk to you despite their best intentions.In sum, you understand that your attendance and participation at events is voluntary, and you agree to assume responsibility for any resulting injuries to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
By the same token, you agree that we are not responsible for any injuries or accidents that you might sustain at non-ITintheD.com Events listed on the ITintheD.com site.
(b) Release of Liability. You (for yourself, your heirs, personal representatives, or assigns, and anyone else who might make a claim on your behalf) hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue ITintheD.com and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, partners, shareholders, members, agents, employees, vendors, sponsors, and volunteers from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, damages, losses or expenses (including court costs and reasonable attorneys fees) which may arise out of, result from, or relate in any way to your attendance at any ITintheD.com or Non-ITintheD.com Event.
(c) Indemnity. By the same token, you agree to indemnify and hold ITintheD.com, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless, including costs, liabilities and legal fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to, related to, or connected with your attendance or conduct at any event.
- Thou may get banned. While we really hope not to ever have to do so, ITintheD.com may prohibit your attendance at any of our events, at any time, for any reason, or maybe even for no reason at all, without notice or liability of any kind. In the event of such a banning taking place, all notices from these Terms and Conditions are still fully in effect.
- Thou are not us. You agree that you will not represent yourself as an agent, representative, or employee of ITintheD.com, its parents or subsidiary organizations at any time. Unless, of course, you actually are.
- Thou realizeth that events may be canceled. We reserve the right to cancel an event at any time, for any reason, without liability or prejudice.
- Thou knoweth that we support our friends. Every now and then, we promote an event that isn’t our own. There are some great people doing great things out there, and we do what we can to encourage them. However, the act of us writing about, linking to, or providing information regarding another party’s event in no manner makes it an event of ITintheD.com, its parents or subsidiaries. Neither does it mean that we endorse them, are sponsoring them, or in any direct way affiliated with them. Unless, of course, otherwise noted and disclosed.
- Thou shall not hold it against us that we had to write these. Seriously, you know us. Or at least you should. It kills us that we have to put these out here…but we’ve been told from a legal perspective that it would be a good idea from a CYA perspective to have these out here. So they’re out here. If you’ll notice, everything in here boils down to “Don’t Be That Guy“, which is what we’ve told you since day one anyway.