Website Online Tech LLC
Michigan's leading data center provider
Market Overview: InfoPro Research shows the hosting and cloud computing market will grow to 340% of its current size by 2020. Online Tech, one of the Midwest’s leading hosting providers, is poised to take advantage of this significant growth. Online Tech is a leader in secure, compliant, hybrid enterprise-class hosting. We deliver a full range of hosting solutions from colocation to private cloud computing from our five audited data centers across the Midwest.
What We’re Seeking: A highly energetic “A” player who creates a win-win environment with highly developed technical, people, analytical, and leadership skills. Our ideal candidate will fully engage by contributing great ideas and maintaining the highest standards of client focus and accountability to help us build one of Michigan’s success stories. This is a full-time exempt (salaried) position working on day shift (Mondays through Fridays, 8am to 5pm), based at our Ann Arbor data center, reporting to our Client Services Manager.
Job Overview: At Online Tech, our System Administrators are not only responsible for deploying and supporting enterprise level virtualization and SAN infrastructure; they are, more importantly, customer-focused tech enthusiasts who hate downtime, constantly think “automation”, and know how to “get it done”. The ideal candidate is solution-oriented, knows how to change the world around them, and is unafraid of facing the hardest problems.
• Responsible for the systems, server, and storage platforms, including maintenance and administration
• Deliver an exceptional experience to our clients in every interaction
• Be an expert in uptime, service reliability, and sustainability
• Drive standards, efficiency, and automation
• Develop and execute designs for complex systems backed by excellence, confidence, and thorough engineering analysis
• Develop, gather, and leverage metrics to manage the server fleet, storage infrastructure, and complex computing systems to drive automation, improvement, and performance
• Take responsibility for production system development from requirements to release, including detailed design, analysis, testing, and optimization
• Perform other duties as required to help the Online Tech team achieve its objectives
Skills and Background:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
• At least 5 years of experience with virtualization or SAN management, complex computing platforms, and/or cutting-edge cloud-based technologies
• Experience with various virtualization technologies, VMware and/or Azure, specifically, and broad understanding of multi-tenant, private and hybrid cloud environments
• Experience with server OS and storage technologies required; experience with EMC VNX, VMAX, Extreme IO, or Avamar preferred; Cisco, replication, distribution, availability, recovery, development, and Linux experience a plus
• VMware-, Azure-, storage-, and/or network-related certifications a plus
• You are driven to solve difficult problems with scalable, elegant, and maintainable solutions
• Expert troubleshooter – unwilling to let a problem defeat you; unrelenting, persistent, confident
• A penchant for thinking outside the box to solve complex and interesting problems
• Extensive knowledge of existing industry standards, technologies, and infrastructure operations
• Manage stressful situations with calm, courtesy, and confidence
• Desire to be a part of the fast-paced, high-energy entrepreneurial experience
• U.S. citizenship or U.S. lawful permanent residency required
Competitive base salary plus quarterly bonus, 401(k), health insurance, PTO and holidays, a great work environment, and other benefits.
We also offer excellent long-term growth potential in a company that promotes heavily from within. We are a privately-held, well-established company (founded in 1994) with an excellent reputation, long-term focus, and value system.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume with salary requirements to email@example.com.