Website Everdays, Inc.
Reach the ones who matter most.
Everdays is looking for a UI/UX designer to join our team in Birmingham, MI. The designer will work closely with leaders across different teams to enhance and extend the look and feel of our mobile and web-based applications. The position reports to the Executive Vice President.
Everdays products are used by thousands of businesses and consumers on a daily basis, across the country, focused on helping families reach the ones who matter most after losing a loved one. This role is an opportunity to define that experience in ways that stress simplicity and clean functionality. The right candidate for this role has a passion for understanding a user’s needs and the clarity of thought drive the right design through to delivery.
What You’ll Do:
User Interface (45%)
- Collaborate across the company to gather user requirements
- Create UI prototypes and develop wireframes
- Design for native iOS and Android mobile apps, mobile and web dashboards, and full static websites
- Identify and troubleshoot UI issues
- Work with development teams to ensure implementations meet designs
User Expereince (45%)
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframe and prototype interfaces for testing, analysis, and review to ensure technical business needs are met with user interface design.
- Communicate with team members and customers to gather product feedback
- Drive a consistent experience across both web and mobile platforms
- Identify and troubleshoot UX issues
Team Engagement (10%)
- Get involved with team and company-wide meetings
- Drive projects to launch effectively within time and resource constraints that use the Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Articulate concisely ideas and visually communicate concepts to both developer and non-developer audiences.
- Write, communicate, facilitate and present to all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management.
- Actively participating in and/or facilitation brainstorming sessions, focus groups, and requirements workshops with the purpose of requirements elicitation.
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Ready to call Detroit home! This position is not remote.
- 3+ years of UI/UX design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a UI/UX related field
- Experience designing both web and mobile applications
- Portfolio of previous work demonstrating visual design skills
- Deep familiarity with information architecture, wireframing and sketching
- Experience with Sketch, InVision, Adobe Suite, HTML, CSS, Prototyping, JIRA (user stories), UAT (user acceptance testing)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process