Updates and Jobs
A big thank you to everyone who made it out to our event this past Thursday at the BlackFinn in Royal Oak. Nice to see some familiar faces, as well as quite a few new ones make it out to be there. Not that “new faces” are all that uncommon these days, since in the past year the group has more than doubled in size.
Right before our Pink Slip Party at Commune in August of 2009, our LinkedIn group welcomed in the 800th member. Just before our event at the BlackFinn last week, we had our 1800th member join. More than a thousand new members in a year…wow. A most sincere thank you to everyone that comes to our events, participates in our group, and helps make our group continue to grow and serve a purpose – to help provide the IT community in the metro Detroit area a place to go where they won’t be hounded by sales people, and can make connections and build relationships with the best people in the industry. We look forward to seeing even more of you at our upcoming events…
Thursday, September 16th: BlackFinn, Royal Oak. Another smaller, more casual event. Details are on LinkedIn: http://events.linkedin.com/September-ITintheD-org-Social-Happy/pub/373548 and on our site at http://www.ITinTheD.com/813/september-happy-hour/
Thursday, October 21st: Post Bar, Novi. Our next Pink Slip Party event. Details are on LinkedIn: http://events.linkedin.com/ITintheD-org-Pink-Slip-Party/pub/389690 and on our site at http://www.ITinTheD.com/835/ITintheD-org-pink-slip-party-networking-for-it-professionals-and-job-seekers-in-metro-detroit/
Hope you can make it.
As always, make sure you’re hitting that Jobs tab in our LinkedIn group on a regular basis to catch jobs as they get posted. You can get there by clicking here: http://www.linkedin.com/groupAnswers?searchQuestions=&gid=91763&answerCategory=mra&forumID=5&trk=anet_ug_jobs, or just by hopping into the LinkedIn group and hitting “Jobs” up in the group’s navigation bar.
Posted by Brandy Tower, Recruiting & Sales Resource Coordinator at Jawood
Seeking a Sr.Programmer with 5+ years Clarion programming experience and has converted Clarion to .NET. Contract to Hire in Bingham Farms. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by Jennifer Polich Lieto, President and Owner of CMK Resources, Inc where we find brilliant IT resources
– Sr. AIX Admin with Veritas Cluster Server- DIRECT HIRE -$100K in TROY
– MCSE with SQL SERVER ARCHITECTURE experience! Direct Hire in Troy – $100k
– Sr. SQL Server Administrator – Permanent Hire – Troy, MI
– Sr. Unix Administrator – Permanent Placement – Troy, MI
Posted by Sue Jozwik, Recruiting at IBM
– .Net Developers, Mainframe Programmers, Java Developers, and Testers needed at IBM in East Lansing, MI
Posted by Monica VanScyoc email@example.com, Sr. Recruiter at Manpower Professional
– SAP Functional Logistics Consultant needed in Redford,Mi for our direct client. Please send qualfied resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and call me at 248-879-0408.
– Account Manager with GM exp. needed for short term contract. Please call me at 248-879-0408 to learn more and send me your qualified resume.
– 90-100K Enterprise Architect needed for direct client in Farmington Hills, MI. Please review requirement,send me a qualified resume and call me at 248-879-0408.
– 10 year Mainframe/3 yearJava Developer – must be strong in both for immediate need in Farmington Hills, MI. Please call me for immediate consideration. 248-879-0408
– 76-82K Sr. Java Developer with strong EJB and MQ series experience needed!!! Review requirement, send a qualified resume to email@example.com and call me at 248-879-0408
Posted by Michelle Garretson, Executive Recruiter
– Looking for a mid level Oracle DBA, long term contract opportunity Southfield, MI – firstname.lastname@example.org – local candidates preferred.
Posted by Laura Rosen, PHR, Business Consultant at JVS Detroit/Business Consultant at MichiganWorks!-Macomb County
– IT Business Analyst
Posted by Julie Chavey, Senior Technical Recruiter
– Full-time opening for a Business Intelligence / Informatica ETL Developer in Ohio (Akron area) – Great company. Large- stable, great benefits!
– Full-time opening for a Senior Networking Systems Engineer / Lead Network Engineer in Ohio (Akron area) – Great company. Large- stable, great benefits!
– 4 – 6 month contract opening for an IT Business Analyst in Auburn Hills
Posted by Diane Mabry lLionl email@example.com, Recruiter at FastSwitch
– Instructional System Designer Senior – Dearborn MI
– QA/QC Test Lead- Dearborn MI
– IT Strategic Portfolio Management – Expert – Dearborn MI
– Security and Control Engineer – Expert – Dearborn MI
– Security Application Strategist and Architect – Dearborn MI
– Service Catalog Process Integration Specialist – Van Buren Twp MI
Posted by Melissa Lecznar, Human Resources/Job Placement Manager
– Java Candidates-e-mail me your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Delivery Lead -Southfield, Michigan e-mail me: email@example.com
– Business Analyst/Data Analyst The candidate should be more of a Data Analyst then Business Analyst
– J2EE Developer-
Posted by Leigh Haugen, Executive Vice President – Business Development at Computer Consultants of America, Inc
– Senior Technical Analysts, large project team, Michigan residents only, long-term contract
Posted by Adele Mezher, Executive Recruiter
– Director, IT to Oversee Global Staff for Industrial Manufacturer (successful, growing business unit of Fortune 500 company)
Posted by Greg Losacco, Principal at R-3 Recruitment
– .NET / SQL Server Developer
– Remote Contract – 2-3 Months – Detroit Metro Area
– Qualified candidates send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Jason P. Sullivan, Recruiter at Genesis10
– Technical Project Manager – 18 -24 Month Contract Troy, MI
Posted by Craig Jackson, Business Intelligence Professional / Partner at Performant Systems Group
– Business Intelligence Professional Cognos
Hit that Jobs tab in our LinkedIn group to get the details on these positions and more. Again, you can get there by clicking here: http://www.linkedin.com/groupAnswers?searchQuestions=&gid=91763&answerCategory=mra&forumID=5&trk=anet_ug_jobs, or just by hopping into the LinkedIn group and hitting “Jobs” up in the group’s navigation bar.