Updates and Jobs
Hey there – yep, it’s that time of the week again: the weekly update from your friendly neighborhood ITintheD.com guys. News, updates, jobs, and at least one item on which we really need your input so that you can help us make some decisions. Our next event is just a week away at the BlackFinn in Royal Oak on Thursday the 19th…and it’s about our events that we need some feedback. We’ve always tried to let the group evolve organically into whatever seems to be the direction people want it to go, and we’ve got a situation that you can help us figure out what our next steps should be…
We’ve got a lot going on these days. I’ve always joked that I never really had any intention of putting “Event Planner” on my resume, but I’ve got to tell you…it’s not that far off. There have always been requests from job seekers in different metro Detroit areas (and beyond…) that want us to come do one of our events at their local neighborhood bar, or at least somewhere that would give them a shorter drive time…and things are starting to come together where it looks like that might happen. Yes, we might just break out of our collective shell a little bit and move outside of Royal Oak and Novi. The big question is…where? We’ve had people ask us to head out to Troy, Auburn Hills, Brighton, Pontiac, Dearborn, Ann Arbor, and even as far out as Lansing and Grand Rapids…and the time has come to take a serious look at making something happen. With that in mind, please take a quick moment to vote for one of several locations that we’re seriously considering by going here: http://www.ITinTheD.com/828/tell-ITintheD-org-where-to-go/
Now, just to get this out in the open – we don’t know when these events will happen just yet. We also don’t know if we’ll do one of our smaller, more casual events or a Pink Slip Party in a new location. We’re just starting to work out the logistics of doing this…so, hang in there.
The other wild card is “when”? We’ve already nailed down details on three upcoming events, the first of which is only a week away:
Thursday, August 19th: BlackFinn, Royal Oak. One of our smaller, more casual events. Details can be found on LinkedIn http://events.linkedin.com/August-ITintheD-org-Social-Happy-Hour/pub/373541 or on our site: http://www.ITinTheD.com/792/august-happy-hour/
Thursday, September 16th: BlackFinn, Royal Oak. Another smaller, more casual event. Details are on LinkedIn: http://events.linkedin.com/September-ITintheD-org-Social-Happy/pub/373548 and on our site at http://www.ITinTheD.com/813/september-happy-hour/
Thursday, October 21st: Post Bar, Novi. Our next Pink Slip Party event. Details are on LinkedIn: http://events.linkedin.com/ITintheD-org-Pink-Slip-Party/pub/389690 and on our site at http://www.ITinTheD.com/835/ITintheD-org-pink-slip-party-networking-for-it-professionals-and-job-seekers-in-metro-detroit/
Wherever we wind up going, rest assured that we’ll be staying true to our core focus, and we hope that this will help not only some of the familiar faces from our events in the past, but also open the doors to helping out some new job seekers and recruiters make things happen.
Now that that’s out of the way, let’s dive in to why you tolerate these weekly emails from us – jobs.
As always, make sure you’re hitting that Jobs tab in our LinkedIn group on a regular basis to catch jobs as they get posted. You can get there by clicking here: http://www.linkedin.com/groupAnswers?searchQuestions=&gid=91763&answerCategory=mra&forumID=5&trk=anet_ug_jobs, or just by hopping into the LinkedIn group and hitting “Jobs” up in the group’s navigation bar.
Remember, we tend to get more postings after one of these goes out, so make sure you stop by and hit the group throughout the day to catch those new job listings rather than waiting for next week to roll around.
Posted by Monica VanScyoc firstname.lastname@example.org, Sr. Recruiter at Manpower Professional
- Mainframe/Java consultant needed for opportunity in Farminghton Hills. call me for immediate consideration at 248-879-0408 and send me your qualified resume to email@example.com
- Sr. J2EE Developer/UNIX SME needed in Farminghton Hills! Please send me your qualified resume and call me at 248-879-0408 for more information!
- 85-90K PERMANENT opportunity for a Senior BA/Metrics Analyst! Please call me with questions at 248-879-0408 and send me a well written qualified resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Kim West, Recruiting Manager at Computer Consultants of America, Inc. (CCI)
- Agile Project Manager – Livonia, MI – Looking to hire immediately!
Posted by George Pappadakis, Staffing Manager at Judge Technical Staffing
- Web Services Security Consultant needed ASAP for Energy client in Detroit!
- Business Analyst needed for Ann Arbor area (Requires experience with DR / Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity planning); contact me at 248 409 1857 or email email@example.com
Posted by Heather Gilbeau, Recruiter at General Electric
- Information Security job openings at the Center – Protect GE’s information assets from internal and external threats.
- End User Services job openings at the Center – Provide end-user support for PCs, laptops, PDAs and our “core load” of common software run on these devices.
- Application and Enterprise Architecture job openings at the Center.
- Business Solutions job openings at the Center
- Computing Operations job openings at the Center – System administration and support for midrange server/storage systems.
- Data Management job openings at the Center – Design and build transactional and reporting data structures, including relational databases, data warehouses and other data sources.
- Networking Services job openings at the Center – Configure, install and secure all hardware and software that enables information sharing (LAN, WAN, firewall, internet and intranet, voice services).
- Additional Technical Opportunities – With positions available in so many areas, there’s sure to be an opportunity for you to put your imagination to work!
- SAP XI / PI Business Analyst – Located at GE’s new Tech Center in Van Buren Township!
Posted by Steve Lewis, Corporate Recruiter at CareTech Solutions
- Looking a for a strong Peoplesoft Techno-Functional candidate with experience in Financials v9 – AM, AP, GL, Inventory, Purchasing for a direct hire position in Dearborn, Michigan
- Looking for a Peoplesoft Financial v9 Analyst to assist in all implementation/upgrade/support for assigned applications. Primary Areas of Support: PeopleSoft HCM v9, Kronos Time & Attendance solutions
- Looking for 20 Web Developer with ASP.NET and C# for Direct hire opportunity in Troy, MI.
- Looking for two Web Project Manager for a Direct Hire position in Troy, MI
Posted by Steve George | Technical Recruiter, Senior IT/IS Recruiter & Account Manager
- DotNET Developers – please get in touch immediately
Posted by Rob Geer, Managing Partner, Business Development, Recruiter at Management Business Solutions
- Senior Linux Administrator in Ann Arbor, MI Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Jeff Borra, Talent Acquisition Professional RESOURCE SMART WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
- Sr. Business Analyst 5+years experience (Direct Opportunity) in Southeast MI. Email me if you are interested. email@example.com
- Technology Consultant Opportunity 8+years experience (Direct Opportunity) in Southeast MI. Please email me if you are interested firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by Marianne Mazer, Recruiter – Business Consulting at Premier Alliance Group
- SENIOR IT MANAGER w/AUTO SECURITIZATION EXPERIENCE
Posted by Phil VanDenstorm, Technical Recruiter at GalaxE.Solutions Inc / Galaxy Systems Inc
- Immediate Need-Web Developer for a Direct hire position located in Downtown Detroit, MI
Posted by Jason P. Sullivan, Recruiter at Genesis10
- Performance Test Lead/Distributed System – 18 + Month Contract
Posted Adam Choinski, Corporate Recruiter at Compuware
- McKesson Systems Analyst / Cerner Systems Analyst
Posted Deena Wiltsie, Senior Recruiter at JDM Systems Consultants
- (3)Lead IT App Developer – Open Source Java needed in Illinois! Please send email@example.com me your qualified resume and call me at 248-324-1937 for more information!
Posted David Phillips, IT Problem Solver, Small Business Owner, Mentor
- SAN admin
Posted Laura Rosen, PHR, Business Consultant at JVS Detroit/Business Consultant at MichiganWorks!-Macomb County
- Systems Administrator
- Java Developer
Posted by Melissa Lecznar, Human Resources/Job Placement Manager
- Tivoli Workload Schedule. E-mail me your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Angela (Jacovetti) Niemiec, PHR, Staffing Consultant
- Software Engineer at Plante & Moran – Southfield, MI. Visit www.plantemoran.jobs to review and APPLY.
Posted by Jim Krueger, PMP, Professional Services Manager at Federal Signal Codespear
- Contract QA Tester for Federal Signal – Birmingham, MI
Posted by Jason P. Sullivan, Recruiter at Genesis10
- Mainframe Performance Tester – 18-24 Month Contract – Troy, MI
Posted by Greg Losacco, Principal at R-3 Recruitment
- Sr. SharePoint Developer, Western Michigan, 4 Month Contract, See Additional Details Interested / Qualified candidates please send resumes to email@example.com
Posted by Diane Mabry lLionl firstname.lastname@example.org, Recruiter at FastSwitch
- Unified Communications solution architect – Dearborn MI
- Specialty Development – WebFOCUS – Dearborn MI
Hit that Jobs tab in our LinkedIn group to get the details on these positions and more. Again, you can get there by clicking here: http://www.linkedin.com/groupAnswers?searchQuestions=&gid=91763&answerCategory=mra&forumID=5&trk=anet_ug_jobs, or just by hopping into the LinkedIn group and hitting “Jobs” up in the group’s navigation bar.
…and don’t forget, we look forward to seeing you next Thursday at the BlackFinn! Details can be found on LinkedIn http://events.linkedin.com/August-ITintheD-org-Social-Happy-Hour/pub/373541 or on our site: http://www.ITinTheD.com/792/august-happy-hour/