Updates and Jobs
Greetings again from ITintheD.com!
We’re changing things up a bit, and making the website the focal point for these email blasts…mostly because the limitations that LinkedIn puts on the emails kind of handcuffs us on what we can include, and so it makes sense to us to use the tools we have available (like the site) to help make things more informative for you.
The dates for our upcoming events are as follows:
Thursday, June 24th: One of our casual networking events at the BlackFinn in Royal Oak. You can check out the details and RSVP here: http://events.linkedin.com/June-ITintheD-org-Social-Happy-Hour/pub/317743
Thursday, July 15th: Our next Pink Slip Party at the Post Bar in Novi. You can check out the details and RSVP here: http://events.linkedin.com/ITintheD-org-Pink-Slip-Party/pub/317757
While we’re deviating from our normal course of operations anyway…as you know, from time to time we try and do things to help the community, from the collections that we did for Operation: Kid Equip or the inclusion of The Pink Fund at our larger Pink Slip Party events. Well, there are two things going on that we’d like to bring to your attention this time around. No, we’re not going all “political” or anything lame like that – you should know us better than that by now. But there are two items that have been brought to our attention that we think you should be aware of, and so we’re including them here for you.
Help Cancer Rockstar unite cancer fighters with their favorite music artists by attending the Kickoff Fundraiser in downtown Royal Oak. Enjoy the rhythmic beats of the John Arnold Jazz Trio featuring Pathe Jassi. Bid on silent auction items and learn about our Cancer Rockstars. Enjoy the best martinis in town and mingle with friends. The afterglow will feature band Odayin, Metro Times Best of Detroit 2010 and voted most likely to go national, as well as Grammy-nominated DJ Urban Kris with percussionist Jared Sykes. Before the party’s over, we’ll have a 50/50 raffle that one lucky supporter will win! Brought to you by Cancer Rockstar volunteers, Goodnight Gracie, D’Amato’s Restaurant, and 93.9 FM, The River.
*Recommended* donation: $20 at the door
Both venues are smoke-free with designated smoking areas in private, secure outdoor area. 21 and up.
For further information, check them out online at http://www.cancerrockstar.org/, and hit the event listing to RSVP on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=121452154548858
For Oakland County residents
Oakland County Parks values what you value – family relationships, good health, community connections, environmental stewardship and economic stability. Oakland County Parks provides 13 parks including 68 miles of trails, day-use parks, campgrounds, nature centers, waterparks and golf courses. The parks system serves 1.5 million visitors annually. On August 3, 2010, Oakland County voters will be asked to vote on the renewal of a 10-year millage of .2415 for the purpose of operating, maintaining, improving and acquiring parks and recreation areas and facilities in Oakland County, Michigan. For a home valued at $200,000, the homeowner currently pays less than $25 a year to support the Oakland County Parks.
Our parks enhance the quality of life in Oakland County. With a better quality of life, housing prices go up; businesses are more eager to relocate or expand here, thus creating more jobs; the quality of our schools can be maintained; and we will continue to be recognized as one of the best counties in the country in which to live.
There. That’s that 😉 We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming…
Are you keeping an eye on the jobs tab of our LinkedIn group? Here’s what the recruiters have posted in there currently:
– Technical Support / Desktop Support Contract in Auburn Hills, MI
– Account Executive – IT Infrastructure and Managed Services Solutions
– Quality Engineer/Co-op student needed for a new employment opportunity!!!! Call me for more information 248.879.0408 or email a qualified resume to email@example.com
– IT Project Manager – Business Solutions
– IM Application Quality Lead- Testing & Migration opening at GE’s new Advanced Manufacturing & Software Technology Center in Van Buren, MI!!!!!
– Internal Hire for a business services specialist, Detroit Location
– 2 Technical Architects (Web Services, Java/J2EE Architecture experience) needed for direct / permanent hire in Birmingham, MI
– Product Creation Application Engineering Senior – Dearborn MI
– TSM Administrator (internal Trinity Health job code is System Programmer II)
– Information Lifecycle Management Program Analyst (internal Trinity Health job code is Systems Analyst II)
– Director of Economic Strategy in Detroit (Full Time) If interested please forward all information to firstname.lastname@example.org
– .Net Developer – Troy, Michigan (Contract to hire)
– Business Analyst – Troy – Contract
– Looking for a 5 year Unix Administrator with a strong Windows background. Must have 10 years IT experience overall. Please send qualified resumes to : email@example.com
– C# / SQL Server Contractor
– Looking for someone that has implemented – CA Service Desk Manager – contract opportunity – Southfield, MI firstname.lastname@example.org
…and, as always, there are plenty more! Make sure you’re hitting the jobs tab in our LinkedIn group: http://www.linkedin.com/groupAnswers?searchQuestions=&gid=91763&answerCategory=mra&forumID=5&trk=anet_ug_jobs on a regular basis so that you can get these opportunities as they arise.
We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming events, and please remember to check out the information on the Oakland County Parks and Cancer Rockstar.
Bob, Dave and Jeff
On the web: http://www.ITinTheD.org
On LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=91763