Catch Pink Slip Party Updates on 96.3fm WDVD This Morning
Greetings, Blaine and Allyson in the Morning listeners.
Welcome to ITintheD.org.
Whether it’s your first time here, or you’ve visited us before…welcome.
I’m writing this before hopping on the air (which should happen right around 9am, probably about 9:05am or so), because I know that even though I’ll have the best intentions of getting everything rattling around in my brain out on the airwaves to you, it’s inevitable that a few things we’ll get missed.
(And yes, for the record, writing in blended present and future tense about something that hasn’t taken place yet is kind of making my brain hurt.)
So here’s everything I want to make sure you get a chance to know about…
First and foremost, obviously, you’re here because you heard about our Pink Slip Party on Wednesday night.
The details on all of that can be found here: http://www.ITintheD.org/index.php/event/pink-slip-party-march-2013/
– It’s Wednesday night
– It starts at 5pm
– Yes, you have to be in/around the IT industry to be there. No fruit basket salespeople. No financial planners. No MLM.
– Developers, codeslingers, graphics folks, project managers, analysts…if you’re in any way connected to a typical information technology project, you are more than welcome to attend. We do these for you.
– Anything late-breaking will likely be posted on our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/ITintheD) and/or our Twitter feed (http://www.twitter.com/ITintheD), so do yourself a favor and make sure you’re connected with us on both platforms by liking our page and following us. That’s not a shameless, self-serving plug…okay, well, maybe it is a little bit…but if there’s one thing we’ve learned in the years of doing these events, it’s that something will happen that we want people to know about last minute before they arrive, and those two ways are our best way of doing that.
– If you’re looking to get hired, shoot us a resume to contact@ITinTheD.com with your resume as an attachment, and we’ll get it to the recruiters who are coming.
– If you’re looking to hire, shoot us an email to contact@ITinTheD.com with your company name, and the name(s) of those from your company who will be attending. We’ll do our best to make sure we have badges waiting for you when you arrive Wednesday night.
Our sponsors for the event are Arrow Strategies (www.arrowstrategies.com), Brightwing (www.gobrightwing.com) and iTalent (www.iTalent-llc.com). They are all hiring for a wide range of positions in and around information technology, so check them out. And they’re by no means the only companies that will be on hand looking to hire people on Wednesday night either…but they’ve got the faith and confidence in us to help make sure we do this right, and so they deserve a special plug.
But really, make sure you read and check out the links on http://www.ITintheD.org/index.php/event/pink-slip-party-march-2013/ to be up to speed.
And don’t think this is the only time we’re doing something. We do an event every month in and around the metro Detroit area. You’re more than welcome to come to those events as well. Our events are always listed out at http://www.ITintheD.org/index.php/our-events/. People find jobs at our casual networking events, just like people make great networking connections at our Pink Slip Party events. This Wednesday night just happens to be a Pink Slip Party event. We hope to see you at future events as well.
You can read our latest updates from last week by clicking here.
On other fronts…because yes, we all actually have lives and apparently have an intense fear of boredom and so we’re involved with all kinds of things…
…if you don’t have plans for St Patrick’s Day yet, or even if you do and want to make sure you’re doing the coolest thing ever that day, you might want to check out our friends at XICW over at http://www.xicwdetroit.com/. Yes, it’s wrestling. It’s awesome, old-school, waking up as a kid on weekend mornings and watching wrestling memories…except it’s live, it’s in a dive bar, and it’s a ton of fun. Come on out. They also do an event every month, and their next one is going to be over the top on St Patrick’s Day.
…if you’re an east-sider (and I know definitions vary…ain’t nobody got time for that…), you should check out TheEastSideParty.com for events and happenings on the east side. Comedy shows. Karaoke nights. Party bus adventures. Ladies’ nights. Good times for all.
In the IT world, make sure you give a look at Girl Develop It. They’re doing great things in teaching classes ranging from high level overviews to hands on programming and techniques events. You can find them at http://girldevelopit.com/chapters/detroit
Again, thanks for stopping by, and we’re looking forward to see you at our event this coming Wednesday night, at our future events, and at the events put together by our friends around the area!
On the web: http://www.ITintheD.org
On LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=91763
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ITintheD
On Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ITintheD
On Meetup: http://meetup.ITintheD.org