Networking events for IT professionals. Award winning blog series. Weekly podcast. Meet. Read. Listen. By @echodave, @bobwaltenspiel

Meet The Troops 2012: Lacey

0

So last year, in the week leading up to our Support The Troops event, we put some profiles out here.

Profiles of the troops that we were directly supporting and helping.

So, who are we helping with our event on December 13th?

You’ve read the primer on why we’re doing this.

You know we’re helping local Michigan people in the military stationed overseas.

You’ve got the event booked in your calendar and you’ll be there.

You read the Frequently Asked Questions about the event and you’re ready.

You might have even taken the time to read the profiles and updates from last year.

We introduced you to Dave earlier on, as well as Beth and Mike.

Well, now let’s meet another one of the people we’re doing this for this year…

I am SSG Lacey Szymanski. I am 31 years old, and I have been in the Michigan Army National Guard for 10 years. The last seven years of that have been in the 1461st CBT HET Company out of Jackson, Michigan.lacey2

I was deployed to Iraq in 2006-2007 as a HET driver then, too. I am currently serving as the platoon Sergeant of this detachment at Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan. I have 24 Soldiers here with me. We partake in missions all over RC-South hauling various equipment such as Strykers, MAXPRO’S, MATV’S, various engineer equipment, and also serve as a recovery asset when there is nothing to be hauled. We have traveled almost 40,000 miles in the 4 months that we have been here. My Soldiers run a very high mission tempo and are always logging miles.

laceywithbeer
AND she likes beer!

Back home in Argyle, Michigan, I am a dairy farmer. I have have a partnership with my older brother and younger sister. Our partnership owns 25% of the family farm and my dad owns the other 75%. I am also about 25 credits shy of my bachelor’s degree in criminal justice from Ferris State University.

I also wanted to say thank you very much for what you are doing for these guys over here. Some of them its there first deployment/first time away from family during the holidays and they are not sure how to handle it. I am very grateful for people like you. Thanks again!

Lacey

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: