Okay folks, tonight’s the night. The one night of the year when we really nag you about coming out and getting involved with something. Sure, we love to see you at our other events throughout the year, but this is the night that it’s not really about us, it’s not about you, it’s not just about networking, it’s not just about finding jobs for people…tonight’s the night when it’s about doing something good for others in the area, and that’s incredibly important to us. And you’ve shown that it’s important to you over the years as well, so let’s get together tonight at Falling Down Beer Company for our annual fundraiser and toy drive for Operation Kid Equip and really blow the doors off the place…
Here’s what you need to know and what to expect:
- WHAT: Our annual toy drive and fundraiser for Operation Kid Equip that helps local kids in rough situations right here in the area have a better holiday season.
- WHERE: Falling Down Beer Company is located at 2270 East 10 Mile Road in Warren, MI. It’s on 10 Mile, just east of Dequinder. You can find them, and details about them, here: https://www.facebook.com/fallingdownbeer/
- WHEN: start time is 5pm. They’re closing down for us for the night, so we’ll be there until they throw us out.
- HOW: Bring an unwrapped toy. Bring cash. Bring a check. Operation Kid Equip is a 501c3, and so donations are tax deductible.
- WHY: Because we said so, that’s why.
- Yes, it’s still a casual networking event. Yes, there will still be there looking to hire and looking for jobs.
- Podcast Detroit, the podcast network that we launched earlier this year, will be running live remote broadcasts from the event tonight, with several shows, including probably us for a while, going live from the event.
- We’ve got a great guitarist coming in tonight to play who does an outstanding 80s set. You really don’t want to miss that.
- We’ll have our IT in the D and Podcast Detroit shirts on hand you can buy…and if you do, proceeds from that are also going to the charity. Total win/win.
- If you absolutely cannot make it, but still want to donate, you can go directly to their site at http://operationkidequip.org/, click the “donate” button in the top right, and do so there. But we’d really prefer to see you in person.