We’ve got our live broadcast tonight with some solid guests talking Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Internet of Things (IoT), and a whole bunch of other topics.
We had an outstanding event this past Thursday, and now all eyes and efforts turn to our Pink Slip Party (PSP) on Thursday, September 18th. We are just about sold out on sponsorship opportunities, so if you want your company to have a serious presence at this event, time is running out…and we’ve got several reasons why you and your company want to take this step.
We seem to have struck a nerve with a couple of our recent blog posts…but what else is new, right? Right.
Let’s get to some details…
First off, major kudos and thanks to our hosts at Ciccarelli’s 22 out in Auburn Hills for our event this past Thursday night.
A ton of flat screens everywhere. Great drink prices. Awesome staff. Tasty food. Plenty of room.
Basically everything we could ever ask for in a venue. Give ’em a like on Facebook out at https://www.facebook.com/ciccarellis22auburnhills, and if you’re ever out by the Palace, they’re a great place for lunch, dinner, drinks, or just about anything else.
- More than 1,000 people have found jobs through our events
- Our recent Pink Slip Party events have each had more than 100 recruiters, human resources and people looking to hire, as well as more than 600 looking for jobs and to build their professional networks.
- Sponsoring organizations at our event draw more traffic and get more engagement with those looking for a job since they setup a tabled presence and draw more attention.
- We distribute the resumes received from job seekers out to all attending recruiters, but our sponsors get them ahead of the event.
- It’s costing more, but we’re moving to The Majestic to improve the parking situation and make things as solid as possible for all of our attendees.
- Once again, we’ll have a professional photographer on-hand…except this time we’ll also have a photo backdrop wall with the logos of all of our sponsors on it.
That last part is particularly important, because it puts a hard deadline on us to get that backdrop printed and ready to go for the event on the 18th. So that means that the opportunity to sponsor this event and get your company’s name out there to an extremely targeted audience of your core demographic, you only have until Friday to check out our sponsor kit – http://www.itinthed.com/sponsors/ – and get on board.
That’s one of the topics that we’re sure to be talking about on tonight’s live broadcast.
Logicalis has come on board as our first full sponsor. We’re way happy to partner up with them to keep doing what we do, as well as helping to get the word out about who they are and what they do. You can find out more about them here: http://www.us.logicalis.com/, and expect to hear us talking about them on a regular basis.
Details are at http://www.itinthed.com/listen/, instructions on how to listen are at http://www.itinthed.com/listen/how-to-listen/, and you can catch up on past episodes of our show at http://www.itinthed.com/listen/it-in-the-d-show-archives/
We’ve had a lot of new folks join the LinkedIn and Meetup groups lately, as well as starting to catch up with us on Facebook and Twitter. For the new folks, here’s the background on who we are, what we do, and why we do it: http://www.itinthed.com/the-story/
Once you know the background, do you know the basic pillars of what we do? We have our blogs at Read http://www.itinthed.com/read/, our events at Meet http://www.itinthed.com/meet/, our live broadcasts at Listen http://www.itinthed.com/listen/, we try and help you improve your skills at Learn http://www.itinthed.com/learn/, and then we try and help you find a new job or people to hire at Work http://www.itinthed.com/work/
On the blogs front, we’ve had a couple that have gotten a bit of attention lately that you should check out:
- Recruiters, ZipRecruiter isn’t your savior. It’s quite possibly your Skynet, bringing an end to your very existence: http://www.itinthed.com/15609/why-you-need-to-stop-using-ziprecruiter-immediately/
- Our entry about why people need to stop panicking about Facebook Messenger has been updated with some additional information: http://www.itinthed.com/15566/seriously-shut-up-about-facebook-messenger-already/
- I’ve been doing something for years that I didn’t even really realize I was doing when I attended events, but it’s helped: http://www.itinthed.com/3327/the-jersey-initiative/
- Speaking of other events, once upon a time, we went to another event. It didn’t go all that well: http://www.itinthed.com/64/lbn-wtf/
- There are few things people hate dealing with more than a used car salesman. Especially when it comes to networking events: http://www.itinthed.com/3416/the-used-car-salesman/
- Another one for recruiters, how not to suck at interviewing people, is a good read to make sure nobody’s time gets wasted along the way http://www.itinthed.com/15530/how-not-to-suck-at-interviewing-people/
The links for our LinkedIn group, Facebook, Twitter, etc., are all down below. Click ’em and join, like or follow us as appropriate…and then listen live tonight for our next round of fun.
Bob, Dave and Jeff
IT in the D
On the web: http://www.ITinTheD.com
On Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/ITintheD/
On LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/IT-in-D-91763
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ITintheD
On Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ITintheD
On Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/itinthed/