In my last note, I mentioned that there were a lot of new faces at our event, including new recruiters.
Okay, and…seriously…three more got posted while I was writing this.
So, a few things to remember…
1. Join the LinkedIn group. http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=91763
2. Pay attention to the LinkedIn group.
3. Pay attention to our Events listings. They’re located here: http://www.ITinTheD.com/meet/ We’re changing things up and moving things around a lot this year. Do not just automatically assume that our events will always be on the same day of the month, or that they’ll always be at the BlackFinn or the Post Novi. In fact, it’s a much safer bet that we won’t be at one of those two places than it would be that we will.
4. Come to an event. They’re free, for cryin’ out loud. Like we’ve always said, the worst thing that can possibly happen is that you show up, you grab a drink, you hang out for a few, chat with a couple people (make sure at least one of them is one of us that organize things), and decide it’s not for you. We’re good with that, because at least you’ve tried. The next one is one of our Pink Slip Party events on February 17th at Snookers in Utica:
The event listing here on our site: http://www.ITinTheD.com/event/pink-slip-party-networking-for-the-metro-detroit-it-industry-job-seekers/
The event listing on LinkedIn: http://events.linkedin.com/ITintheD-org-PINK-SLIP-PARTY/pub/509674
And don’t forget to read the FAQs: http://www.ITinTheD.com/meet/faq
5. Read our Don’t Be That Guy entries. No, seriously…read them. That’s not a shameless plug to try to increase our page views. We don’t care about page views, because you’ll notice there’s no advertising anywhere on the site. Hell, Bob was stunned when I told him we got hundreds of unique users per day since he thought we got about 12. Including us. Anyway, we write these things because we’re trying to help. Most of the time. Sometimes we’re just trying to take a potshot at someone (hey, at least we’re honest), but even when we’re being snarky, we’re still trying to be helpful.
6. If you’re actually looking for a job…please, pay attention. When you read “details on these jobs are available in our LinkedIn group”, that doesn’t mean “Send Dave an email asking for so and so’s email address”. Go to the LinkedIn group. Find the position. Read the details. Reach out to the recruiter that’s posting the job directly. They want it. They expect it. That’s why they’re posting jobs in the first place. If you want or need an introduction on LinkedIn, I’m happy to help. If you find yourself stuck after trying to reach out or don’t know how to get started, then by all means I’m happy to help. I’m just saying…be a little pro-active and own your own job search.
I’ll climb down off of my soapbox now and get to those jobs I was talking about…
Seeking a IS Consultant -SQL DBA for a Perm Position in Detroit, MI. Take a look at the description and if interested, send resume to…
This Information Services (IS) Consultant position will provide SQL DBA support to our client’s employees by installing, managing and maintaining local and remote SQL Servers. The IS Consultant will also assist in trouble shooting SQL Server performance issues, implementing…
Infrastructure Security Consultant for a Perm position in Dearborn, MI. Take a look at the description and if interested, send…
Description: – Provides a high level of technical expertise and project leadership in the area of systems security consulting for the Client. – Participates in it systems security programs and initiatives that implement information security processes and services across…
ASP.NET / C#.NET systems developer – Taylor, MI
Trucking Company seeks developer to help build customer facing web software using Microsoft components, such as SQL Server, ASP.NET and VS 2010. Other responsibilities will include PC and office users support for about 12 other fellow employees. There are other great…
Looking for 2 ASP.Net, C# developers for contract to direct hire in Detroit!
Qualifications: Comprehensive knowledge of and specific web development experience in technologies that include: ASP.NET, C#, ADO.NET, and the .NET(2.0 and 3.5) framework along with basic knowledge of IIS Visual Studio 2005/2008 and familiarity with TFS. ADO.NET…
We are currently looking for an IT/Engineering Recruiter to help grow our consulting practice at Judge Technical Staffing in Auburn Hills, MI. Must have 3+ years of full cycle recruiting experience staffing Information Technology & or Engineering consultants for contract &…
Multiple positions for Microsoft Engineers available!!
Need engineers with Microsoft Exchange 2010, Windows 2008 Active Directory, Sharepoint, Forefront, OCS, and Systems Center experience. Planning, Development, Implementation, and Administration of entire solutions. 2-5+ years experience. View postings at:…
Data Center Engineer / Subject Matter Expert needed – Columbus, OH, or Auburn Hills, MI
Requirements: Cisco, EMC, VMware, & Microsoft Engineer & Pre-Sales Skills; 2-5+ years experience. View posting at: http://www.netarx.com/Careers.aspx or email resume or questions to email@example.com
Senior Security Engineer needed in Auburn Hills, MI
Requirements: CSSP & CISSP; 6-9+ years experience. For additional details or to submit resume, email firstname.lastname@example.org or view posting at http://www.netarx.com/Careers.aspx
ROCS Engineers – 1st shift and 3rd shift needed in Auburn Hills, MI
Requirements: Experience with troubleshooting and administration of LAN/WAN, IPT, Server, & Exchange environments. 2-5+ years experience. For additional details or to submit resume, email email@example.com or view posting at http://www.netarx.com/Careers.aspx
Senior Account Managers needed in Auburn Hills, Grand Rapids & Lansing, MI; Columbus, OH; South Bend, IN
For additional details or to submit resume, email : firstname.lastname@example.org Requirements: Cisco Sales Expert Certification & Hunter’s Mentality; 2-5+ years experience selling technology solutions.
Diane Mabry email@example.com
IT CAE Portfolio Management – Dearborn MI
Job Description: Position Description: This role consists of IT CAE Portfolio Management and support. The position consists of customer relation ship management, portfolio planning and metrics management, vendor management, technology benchmarking & futuring. The roles and…
Business Analyst for Peoplesoft Financials – Dearborn MI
Job Description: S3 prod support Business Analyst for Peoplesoft Financials application. Skills Required: – min 3 yrs experience with Peoplesoft. – min 3 yrs experience with Oracle DB, PL-Sql – familiarity with MS Office Experience Preferred: – experience with…
MES Systems ArchitectMES Software ArchitectMES Engineer Auburn Hills MI
Job Description: MES Systems ArchitectMES Software ArchitectMES Engineer Minimum 5 years experience designing or implementing GE Proficy Plant Applications MES Strong exposure to MES technologies, including automated data collection, historian applications, as…
Senior Level Controls Engineer – Dearborn MI
Job Description: Senior level Controls Engineer with significant experience in the vehicle assembly environment. Will be responsible for specification, planning, and implementation of NGAVS (Next Gen Automated Vehicle Scheduling) system at Louisville Assembly plant to support…
AS/400 Programmer Analyst – Farmington Hills MI
Description: Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on users needs. Modify procedures to resolve complex problems taking into consideration computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form desired results. Research and fact finding to…
Sr. SAP Business Analyst (PP/MM Module) Direct Hire opportunity with TRW Automotive in Livonia, Michigan — and other select US locations.
Please visit link for job details and application process:…
SAP Business Analyst (PP/MM Module) Direct Hire opportunity with TRW Automotive in Livonia, Michigan — and other select US locations.
Please visit link for job details and application process:…
Senior Project Manager Position available in Metro Detroit!
We have a contract to hire Senior Project Manager Position available in Metro Detroit! Our client is looking for someone with healthcare experience. Please contact me for more information.
Laura Rosen, PHR
Looking for a Systems Admin
Direct hire position. Strong knowledge of Server and Network Hardware, Server and Workstation Software, Peripherals, and Cabling. Five plus years minimum experience with Systems Administration and End User support. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Monica VanScyoc email@example.com
eCollaboration Specialist Notes / Sharepoint / Mobile – Please send qualified resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow up…
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and ten to tweleve years experience in systems design and programming. Good technical knowledge of data communication system products. Responsibilities include: – daily operations/support of our messaging environment with specific focus…
Windows 7 / Office 2010 Project Support Technician – please send me a qualified resume and follow up with a call to 248-226-1366.
3-5 years broad IT experience. Demonstrated experience with desktop and laptop PC hardware and software configuration. Experience with Windows 2000, XP and Windows 7 desktop operating systems; Office 2010, SCCM 2007, Active Directory experience required. MOS & MCITP…
Immediately looking for IT recruiters
Developers needed immediately
I have multiple openings for Mainframe maintenance and enhancement work with Automotive experience and background. These are long term…
Positions will utilize COBOL, IMS, DB2 and other Mainframe applications. Positions are salaried, come with vacation, holidays and full benefits. For more information and to send your resume please contact John Channell email@example.com
Java Developer and Java Team Lead – contract to hire Troy, MI – GC/Citizens only please firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Warehouse Developer/ETL/Oracle Data Integrator or Oracle Warehouse Builder – long term contract – Southfield, MI local candidates…
Sr. Microsoft Architect – Contract to Hire Detroit, MI – GC/citizens only – email@example.com
Courseware Developer needed in East Lansing
We are currently seeking resumes of experienced Courseware Developers and/or Instructional Designers for a temp to perm opportunity in the East Lansing area. The project would consist of updating existing training material and courseware content to the clients…
…and like I said, even more were getting posted while I was writing this. So, get in there, be pro-active, and hit the ground running this year.
Contact details and other positions are always available within the LinkedIn group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=91763.
Bob, Dave and Jeff
On the web: http://www.ITinTheD.org
On LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=91763
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ITintheD
On Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ITintheD